Posted on December 31, 2021 at 10:29 a.m.
Last updated on December 31, 2021 10:29 AM
Written by Greg Sapp
The Village of Teutopolis has issued the guidelines in place with the New Year regarding the use of certain off-road vehicles in the village. Here are the guidelines:
Notice to owners of golf carts and off-road recreational vehicles in Teutopolis:
As of January 4, 2022, 2022 Golf Cart and Off-Road Recreation (Side-by-Side) licenses will be available for purchase at the Town Hall during normal business hours.
If the golf cart was inspected and licensed in the village in 2021, you do not need the golf cart inspected this year. All golf carts and recreational all-terrain vehicles (side-by-side) that have not been permitted in the village of Teutopolis will need to be inspected by one of the village officers. To perform an inspection, you will need to call City Hall, 217-857-3543 ext. 101, and make an appointment. These appointments must be fixed a few days in advance.
To obtain a license for a Golf Cart or Off-Road Recreational Vehicle (Side by Sides), you will need to complete the following information on the application. You can either stop by the village town hall and collect all the necessary documents, or you can print from the village website. (Information can be found on the teutopolis.com home page.)
- A current driving license
- Proof of insurance (each person who will drive the registered off-road vehicle must be included in the coverage)
- A liability waiver must be signed by each person who will drive the registered off-road vehicle.
- The cost of a golf cart license in 2022 will be $ 50.
- The cost of an off-road (side-to-side) recreational vehicle license in 2022 will be $ 100.
- To get a 2022 Side by Sides Recreational Vehicle Permit, you must have an address in Teutopolis, IL 62467, this permit only allows you to legally operate within the village limits. There will be no exception to this rule.
- To drive an off-road (side-to-side) recreational vehicle, you must be 21 years old.
- To drive a golf cart, you must be 18 years old.
- The golf cart license only allows you to legally operate within the village limits. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- A copy of Order No. 980, an Ordinance Amending Chapter 71 of the Ordinance Code for the Village of Teutopolis, Illinois (Golf Cars and Off-Road Recreational Vehicles) can be viewed on our website or picked up at office.
If someone is stopped driving a golf cart or an off-road recreational vehicle (side by side) in the streets of the village without a 2022 sticker, they will receive a ticket, no allowance will be given!