Port St Lucie – Friday July 29, 2022: Delivery of new garbage carts to residents of Port St. Lucie begins today, Monday August 1st. The new carts are required to operate with the automated waste collection service that will be provided by FCC Environmental Services Florida.
FCC Environmental Services replaces Waste Pro as the city’s solid waste collection carrier. The town hall of PSL and Waste Pro are still in court for breach of contract. Thousands of residents have filed complaints about the service Waste Pro has failed to provide.
Cart deliveries are expected to be completed by August 26.
PSL residents on the east side of the Florida Turnpike will begin receiving their new garbage carts first. Residents on the west side of the tollway will receive theirs between mid and late August. Carts will be delivered to residents with a brochure of disposal and usage tips.
Residents must begin using their new garbage cart during the week of September 5, the designated pickup day. If there is an immediate need, residents can use the new cart before September 5.
Meanwhile, FCC Environmental Services has released its simplified waste collection schedule, and residents only need to remember one day. Garbage, recycling and yard waste will be collected once a week on the same designated day. Bulky items will be collected once a month on the same designated day.
The City’s new simplified waste collection schedule begins on September 5. The schedule is available at www.cityofpsl.com/solidwaste.
Three options are available for your old garbage cart:
1. Repurpose old trash can as a garden trash can or as a storage container for garden/garden tools, sports equipment, pool toys or pet supplies.
2. “Take me” to the curb on your designated bulky waste day. Residents can print a “Take Me Away” tag from the City’s website (or tape a note to the box), and it will be picked up for curbside disposal. The label will be available at www.cityofpsl.com/solidwaste from September 5th.
3. Trash Recycling Overview: As trash collection resumes with the new service, residents are encouraged to recycle their old trash. Bring the cans, emptied and rinsed out, to the Drop-off Center on Saturday, September 17 or Saturday, September 24, from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., at the northeast corner of Cameo Boulevard and Crosstown Drive, behind the fenced green area, just west of the toll road.
Residents are invited to learn more about all the positive changes happening with their solid waste program during two open houses:
• Tuesday, August 2, 6-8 p.m. at Tradition Town Hall, 10799 SW Civic Lane, Port St. Lucie, FL 34987.
• Monday, August 29, 6-8 p.m. at the Port St. Lucie Community Center, 2195 SE Airoso Blvd., Port St. Lucie, FL 34984.